Bible Views Articles
These are concise articles on many Bible Truths.
- Christian Evidences and the Bible
- Latter Day Events
- Holy Spirit
- Security, etc.
- Biblical Theology-Old Testament
- Biblical Concept of the Church
- The Christian Life
- Other Topics
- Bible Studies
- Short Commentaries
• Christian Evidence for God's Revelation A book size article.
• The Word of God by J. C. Wenger
• Christ's Word A good overview of scripture by J. C. Wenger
• The Authority of Scripture by J. C. Wenger
• The Meaning of Scripture by J. C. Wenger
• Inspiration of Scripture by J. C. Wenger
• Is the Bible Trustworthy? by J. C. Wenger
• The Bible Is Reliable by Harold S. Martin
• Biblical Revelation and Inspiration by Harold S. Bender
• New Testament Finality by J. C. Wenger, with quotations from early Anabaptists leaders
• The Structure of New Testament Revelation by C. K. Lehman.
• The Savior or the Scriptures? Seeking a proper balance. by Richard Hollerman.
• The Authority of Scripture by Leland M. Haines This study is now available in book form. See Books
• 6. Translation of God's Word A Greek Text-types and textual criticism study.
Jesus Christ, Our Redeemer and Teacher; God's Grace Leads to Salvation and Discipleship.
This presents the central teaching of the Bible, and one that was also the central theme of the Anabaptist-Mennonites.
• Ch. 1. God's Grace Overcomes Sin
• Ch. 2. Jesus Brought Redemption
• Ch. 3. Jesus Explains Through the Apostles
• Ch. 4 and 5. God's Will for the Christian, and His Word; Come and Follow
• Jesus Christ: Our Redeemer and Teacher This is a single page version of above.
• The Nature of Sin by J. C. Wenger
• The Meaning of Christ's First Coming by Harold S. Martin
• Good Friday: What a Day It Was! by Geo. R. Brunk II
• God's Wonderful Plan of Salvation Vlad Petrusevich
• Christ's Substitutional Suffering without Punishment by John Miley, from The Atonement in Christ, © 1879
• The Governmental Theory by J. Kenneth Grider
• Whose Place on Calvary? by James A. Goering
• Hope from My Bible by J. Otis Yoder
• Seven Steps to Salvation by J. Otis Yoder
• God's Grace Leads to Disciplship, an overall view of redemption through Christ.
• The Strait Gate and Narrow Way by Gladwin Koehn
• Obedience Versus Legalism by Simon Schrock• The Completion of Redemption, a major study of end-times prophecy. 144KB
Sub-topics of the above study:
• The Holy Spirit by C. K. Lehman (a short article)
• The Baptism and Filling of the Holy Spirit by John. L. Stauffer
• The Holy Spirit and The Holy Life by C. K. Lehman. The Lord willing, this book will be reprinted soon.
• Ch. 8. Unto a Holy Life
• Baptism by J. C. Wenger
• Water Baptism by C. K. Lehman
• Water Baptism Mode
• Baptism: Its Importance and Mode by J. Kenneth Grider
• Baptismal Message by Joni Schrock
• A Letter on Baptism by Sherry Jones
• The Lord's Supper by J. C. Wenger
• Feet Washing (John 13) by J. C. Wenger
• Who Washes Whose Feet by Geo. R. Brunk, II
• Assurance and Confidence by J. C. Wenger
• The Eternal Security Teaching by J. L. Stauffer.
• The Possibility of Falling from Grace, a Silver Lining article.
• Romans 7
• Five Points -- a Biblical perspective on Depravity, Election, Atonement, Grace, and Security.
• Divine sovereignty and human freedom by W. T. Purkiser, R. S. Taylor, and W. H. Taylor.
• Free Will by J. C. Wenger
• Immutability Of God by J. C. Wenger, and others.
• Arminianism Clarified by George R. Brunk, Sr.
• Arminianism ... Calvinism? WHICH? by Roger Berry
• Openness of the Call by W. T. Purkiser, R. S. Taylor, and W. H. Taylor.
• Toward a View of Natural Evil by J. Kenneth Grider.
• God's Initiative and Man's Response by W. T. Purkiser, R. S. Taylor, and W. H. Taylor.
• Human Freedom by J. Kenneth Grider.
Biblical Theology - Old Testament by C. K. Lehman
Biblical Concept of the Church, is a book and a major Bible study.
This study is now available in book form. See Books
• 1. "My Church"
• 2. A Believer's Church
• 3. Church Authority
The following three articles come from the above book.
• Why Women Should Not Be Pastors by Brian Allison
• Self-Discipline by Willis Ehnle
• Assemple Much More by Warren Wm. Coles
• The Transformed Disciple: Romans 12:1, 2 by J. C. Wenger
• Characteristics of Kingdom Members by J. C. Wenger
• Shall Christians Keep Kingdom Ethics? by J. C. Wenger
• Apostolic Teachings on Separation by J. C. Wenger
• Be Ye Separate from The Silver Lining
• Challenge Your Own Convictions by Simon Schrock
• Separation of Church and State by Joseph O. Weaver
• The Principle of Nonresistance by John Horsch
• Pacifism and Biblical Nonresistance by J. C. Wenger
• Nonresistant and Nonpolitical by J. C. Wenger
• The Christian's Duty to Government by Jacob L. Kreider
• Church and State Issues Relating to Jury Duty by Southeastern Mennonite Conference
• Pro-Choice Slogans are Deceiving by Simon Schrock
• The Christian and His Speech by J. C. Wenger
• Strife by Robbert Veen
• On Dress: women-men differences in dress from the World by Joy Slaughter
• Christianity and Dress by J. C. Wenger (This booklet presents a 1943 moderate view.)
• Worldly Conformity in Dress by John Horsch (1926 booklet presents the case for dress standards.)
• Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage by J. C. Wenger
• Statement of Position on Divorce and Remarriage by Southeastern Mennonite Conference
• Relating to the Divorced and Remarried by Southeastern Mennonite Conference
• On Caesar and Feminism by Warren Cole
• Marriage and the Wedding Ring by Aaron M. Shank
• The Woman's Role in the Plain of God, a tract.
• Pilgrim Separation by Warren William Coles
• Stumbling Blocks by an Elder of the Apostolic Christian Church
• Judging Without Condemning by Lamar Garman
• Pro-Choice Slogans are Deceiving by Simon Schrock
• On Gambling and Lotteries by Southeastern Mennonite Conference
• Statement on the Use of Video by Southeastern Mennonite Conference
• The Joys and Sorrows of Growing Older by Harold S. Martin
• Our Christ Centered Faith, by J. C. Wenger
• The Anabaptist Vision, by Harold S. Bender
• Anabaptists: Separate By Choice, Marginal By Force, by Elizabeth Scott
• A Statement on Peace, War, and Military Service, 1937, by the Mennonite Chuurch
• A Declaration with Repect to Peace, War, and Nonresistance, 1951, by the Mennonite Chuurch
• A Statement on Industrial Relations, 1941, by the Mennonite Chuurch
• A Statement on Christian Community Relation, 1951, by the Mennonite Chuurch
• Romans Study Questions
• Genesis 15, God's Covenant with Abram and Christ's death
• Habakkuk 2:4, The just shall live by his faith.
• Matthew 1:16, "Jacob begot Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, the one called Christ" by R. C. H Lenski
• Matthew 3:11, "with fire"
• Matthew 7:24-27, Building on Rock and Sand
• John 10:22, Feast of Dedication (Hanukkah) by Phil Haines
• Acts 13:48, Belief, then Eternal Life
• Romans 8:28-31, God's Chain of Salvation by J. C. Wenger
• Romans 8:28-31, God Prepares for the Saints . . . by Marcus Lind
• Romans 9-11, The Jewish People
• Romans 12:2, Interpretation of Romans 12:2 by R. C. H. Lenski, a Lutheran
• II Corinthians 5:21, Christ "made to be sin"
• Galatians 3:28, "neither male nor female" by Marcus Lind
• I Timothy 2:15, "She is saved through childbearing" by Richard Polcyn
• I Timothy 3:2, 9, "Husband of one wife"
You are welcome to make copies of the above article provided you show the copyright information and bibleviews.com source.
We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Biblical Viewpoints Publications
63100 County Rd 111
Goshen, IN 46526
E-mail comments to the Webmaster.